“Role of Top leadership in Human Resource Capacity Development (HRCD).
The role of leadership of any country in its development is very important. In the perspective of HRCD the role of leadership becomes more important and critical with the development vision of the country. Therefore, in general, the top leadership of any country needs to consider following suggestions in order to align the HRCD with the development vision:
- Realistic National HRCD Policy & Legal framework should be designed for creating harmony with the growth and transformation plan of the country.
- Top leadership should establish a link between the political leadership system of the country and capacity development approach of the country.
- A favorable positive and motivated environment should be created; that can encourage the human resource of the country to move in to action.
- The top leadership should have to initiate change, show the change direction and should run the change.
The world is becoming like a global village and the government policies & institutes are becoming more precise, economic and HR Planning and HR Capacity Development is becoming more vital need for developing countries like Pakistan. It is Human resource capacity that brings pace in countries motion. All over the world, technology been regarded as the most critical resource in currently passed period, But leaders and experts have now changed the trends and are now of the opinion increasingly recognize human resource capacity development as potential the most crucial factor in the effective deployment of the country.
It is quit imperative that the political top leadership’s vision is critical and important for the HR capacity development of Pakistan. Leadership is the central point that relates the implementation of HRCD of the country with its planning of growth& development.
This Note describes the points that should be deliberately adopted by top leadership of the country in aligning HRCD with the development vision of the Pakistan.
- National HRCD policy and strategy should be established and implemented to the divisional level.
- There should be harmony in HRCD policy and its implication at all levels (Local, Divisional & National).
- At the same time, all HRCD efforts should be result oriented and geared towards the National development vision.
- National system for monitoring and evaluation of HRCD should be established.
The problem of settlement of highly qualified nationals, experts and skilled labor in other countries has affected Pakistan severely and this is an indication of losing the research and innovative capacity needed to participate in the development of the country. Pakistan at this moment in time is in dire need of massive capacity building projects and there is also in a dire need to plan again to bring back its brains (citizens). It is present in the next Five year plan (2014-19) to achieve the rapid Growth. Hopefully, there is no doubt, they could enable Pakistan to accomplish its growth and transformation goals by providing the supporting infrastructure for human resource capacity building for the country.” – Huhammad Akbar Malik – Punjab, Pakistan