“I have used several public services in India, online. India is developing its infrastructure for e- governance. Several departments of both Central Government as well as the state governments are providing online services to the Citizen as well as to the business community. Some of those services I used are:
1) Online Services of Indian Railways: Indian Railways is the most important public transport department. Their online services are commonly used by me. They are providing those mainly services through 2 websites, http://www.indianrail.gov.in/ and https://irctc.co.in/.
Through those websites we can get information regarding PNR Status, Train between Stations, Seat Availability, Fare Enquiry and we can do Internet Reservation. www.indianrail.gov.in mainly provides information that is essential in planning the travail. It proved very beneficial for common people. When those services were not introduced, getting information’s were very difficult, we may have to wait for hours in those limited information centers. Today, it can be done by few mouse clicks.
Online Reservations can be done by https://irctc.co.in/. Booking E-Ticket, Booking Season Ticket, Booking I-Ticket, Canceling E-Ticket, Canceling I-Ticket, Compatible Browser, and Tatkal Booking can be done through it. It is very helpful. We can book ticket from home through online by using credit card, debit card or net banking. Previous day’s book ticket or Canceling was very difficult job. We had to stand in lines at reservation counters for hours. Shortage of information used to made situations worst. This service proved very effective and helpful for common people.
2) MCA21: It is another online public service generally used by me. It the online service provided by Ministry of Corporate Affairs. It is providing various services to incorporated entities. A company can be registered and their statuary requirements can be managed by it. Those processes are almost paperless. Digital signatures provided by some authorized agencies are important for such purposes, i.e. efiling. It is reducing unnecessary harassment due to travel, waiting, miscommunications. The facilities can be avail through the website http://www.mca.gov.in/MCA21/. Some important services are : Track Transaction Status, Companies/LLPs in which a person is/was a director/Designated Partner, Request for document of a company that is not available in the electronic repository, Transfer Deed, View Public Documents, Get Certified Copies, Track Complaint Status, Track Payments Status, Find CIN/GLN/LLPIN, Enquire Fee, Prescrutiny, Resubmission, Find Name Approval Reference Number, Enquire DIN Approval Status, View Index Of Charges, View Company/LLP Master Data, Apply For Company Name Renewal, Link Neft Payment, Check Company or LLP Name, Verify Payment, Migrated LLP Partner Details, View form11 screen srn details, View form3 screen srn details, Pay Fees, etc. Ministry of Corporate Affairs is converting their services almost absolute online.
3) Income tax: Today Income tax can be filed online through https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/. It is very beneficial.
4) RTI: Today we can ask to any department for any information’s under Right to Information Act online through http://www.rtionline.gov.in/. It is great step for realization of right to information. It is commonly used by me.
5) Passport Seva: Through Passport seva portal i.e. www.passportindia.gov.in, Ministry of External Affairs is trying to passport application process easier for common citizen. However there are many things is needed to be done to make that process perfectly online.
Ministry of Home affairs of Central government and State Governments, judiciary is required to upgrade them and make their services online so that they will become seal accessible to the common people.” – Rupak Ghosh – West Bengal, India